Donnerstag, September 08, 2005

 

Am I ready for the summer to be over?

I just had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine. We talked about the nice weather we've been having the past two weeks and how we are not able to actually enjoy it, since we are both tied to our desks. I think, that is so sad. This summer has just flown by, and now fall is around the corner. I like fall, don't get me wrong, but I would have loved to go out and do more stuff in the past months. I have a colleague at work and I really admire her. Every weekend, she goes out and does things. She goes hiking or visits castles and cloisters and I so wish I was more like her. Once I am done with my thesis, I will try. However, especially when you are alone, it is just so much easier to rent a DVD and get lost in the wonderful world of movies.

Kommentare:
This sounds like me, I took my vacation in May and then spent the rest of the summer indoors at work! The summer passed very fast indeed. Normally I like to go camping, in Michigan or Wisconsin (Devil's Lake State Park is a fav. of mine), but that just didn't happen this summer. Europe must be great because you guys have all the historical sights and the fast trains so it's possible to do lots of short weekend trips, but here in the Midwest it can get quite boring once the weather cools. September can be lovely however and it's probably my most favorite month! ;-)
 
Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]





<< Startseite

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Abonnieren Posts [Atom]