Montag, Februar 27, 2006
The Metal Detector Question
Top 10 Krankenhaus (positive edition)
8. Verstellbare Rückenlehne im Bett
7. Telefon am Bett
6. Zeit zu lesen
5. Ein gutaussehender und witziger Narkosearzt
4. Eine Chirurgin mit Wissen, Verstand und Sinn für Ästhetik (wunderschöne Nähte), die dazu noch nett und menschlich ist (ja, das gibts)!
1. Entlassung nach drei Tagen
Sonntag, Februar 26, 2006
Das war vom 2. Januar 2003 bis zum 23. Februar 2006 in meinem linken Oberarm. Ein UHN (ungenagelter Humerusnagel), Durchmesser 6,7 mm, Länge 230 mm, Made in Austria! Die vier Schrauben haben den Nagel gehalten. Und wenn ich gewusst hätte, dass die Teile alle LILA sind, dann wär das Ganze viel erträglicher gewesen.
Thank you so much
Samstag, Februar 25, 2006
Back from the Hospital
Mittwoch, Februar 22, 2006
Auf ins Krankenhaus
Sonntag, Februar 19, 2006
A very nice Weekend
Sunday night, my birthday, my party, my graduation. Everything is over. Now I must face the reality of moving and having surgery next week. I very much prefer having parties and celebrating, but noboby is asking me... Anyway, it was great to receive my diploma and to see all my friends last night. They all brought delicious food and we pretty much ate the whole evening. We had so much leftovers, my Mum did not even need to cook lunch this afternoon. Gotta love the birthday food. Oh, and I got FIVE cakes. All very very good, with cream and chocolate and everything. Still behind on everything else in my life. If only they had Internet in the hospital next week, but they don't. My laptop is broken anyways, so it doesn't really matter. The Berlin post I promised is still only written in my mind, but it was fantasic at the Film Festival. Last night the Jury announced the winning movies. However, we did not see any of them. Moritz Bleibtreu winning the Silver Bear for best acting in "Elementarteilchen" made me really happy. I think he is a terrific actor (for all you non-Germans, look for him in "Munich", he plays Andreas) and I look forward to see this film very soon!
Donnerstag, Februar 16, 2006
Dienstag, Februar 14, 2006
Live von der Berlinale
I love the Berlinale!!!
Donnerstag, Februar 09, 2006
- "Munich" by Steven Spielberg: I am a big fan of Steven Spielberg. His range in genres and his ability to simply entertain people is undoubtable. Munich is entertaining. It is a Thriller after all, but I did not expect, that it would be so touching. Spielberg tells the story of a young Mossad agent, Avner, and his 'job' to hunt down the Black September Terrorists, that initiated the Munich Massacre at the 1972 Olympic Games. For me, the basic message of "Munich" is, that every terrorist action and every killing is followed by another one and another one. Every terrorist that dies will be replaced by another one and in the end, all that there is is pain and suffering and the realization, that it will never stop! The end scene was kind of set up (World Trade Center) and really got me. I knew it was coming and still cried... No movie, that I will watch again, but a definite must-see. Oh, and there are three great German Actors in the film: Moritz Bleibtreu as Andreas, Meret Becker as Yvonne and Hanns Zischler as Hans.
- "Prime" by Ben Younger: Prime with Uma Thurman an Meryl Streep is a film, that can be very fun to watch on DVD I guess, but for me, it was not worth seeing it at the theater. In my opinion, the studio made the big mistkae of giving away the punchline in the previews already and when you know this, the movie isn't that much fun anymore. There were some funny scenes and I liked the realistic ending. Meryl Streep was good and Bryan Greenber was hot! Just an average romantic comedy/ drama.
- "Must love dogs" by Gary David Goldberg: such a waste of time. I usually love romatic comedies, but this one is boring, not funny and Diane Lane and John Cusack have no chemistry at all. The dogs are cute, but that is about the only positive thing I can say about this film. Yawn!
- "Mr. an Mrs. Smith" by Doug Liman: Okay, I admit it, I have seen this extremly funny and unrealistic movie twice now and I still like it. It is even better in English (well, every movie loses so much, when it is dubbed) and I really like Brad and Angelina together. Fun, fun, fun!
Mittwoch, Februar 08, 2006
Experimente mit der neuen Kamera
Habe leider festgestellt, dass ich sehr viel Zeit und mal einen netten Menschen braucht, der mich in die Fotografie an sich einführt. Buchtipps sind auch willkommen, allein mit dem Canon Handbuch komm ich nämlich nicht weiter... Ich will nämlich die Vorzüge der vielen vielen PS Funktionen auch ausnutzen. Vor allem der manuelle Modus reizt mich, aber ich hab mich bis jetzt einfach noch nie mit der Thematik beschäftigt und daher auch keinen Plan von Blenden und Belichtung und Weißabgleich. Fürs erste also mal einige Basisexperimente, bevor ich die Zeit und Muße finde, mich genauer mit meinem Baby zu beschäftigen!
Dienstag, Februar 07, 2006
Leider spinnt der Blogger Foto Upload, aber ich werd versuchen gleich über Flickr ein Foto von drei glücklichen Mädels zu posten. Das Grinsen auf unseren Gesichtern hat mehrere Gründe:
1. Prüfung vorbei
2. Leckere Sahnekuchen befinden sich in unseren Mägen
3. Wir werden von einer blitzenden und nagelneuen Digitalkamer fotografiert
Hey Mädels, die Bilder sind über den Link in der Sidebar zu erreichen!
Sonntag, Februar 05, 2006
Leaving home and flying to New York
In NYC, we were picked up by buses and brought to student halls on the C.W. Campus at the Long Island University. It was July, so there were hardly any other people. the next couple of days are really a blur. I was sleep-deprived, had a stomach virus, did not eat very much and still attended all the classes (they were mandatory). The days were filled with all sorts of workshops and activities and on Thursday, we were shuttled to Manhattan for the afternoon. It was my second time there, so I was not too sad to only be there for 5 hours. Friday morning, the buses started leaving again. At different times though and to different Aiports. I was one of the last to leave and we flew out from Newark to Milwaukee. I was with one girl from Poland and Martina. We connected in Detroit again and I kept thinking to myself "What a horrible airport!". It was hot, we were really afraid, that our families would not like us and I am so glad I remembered to warn everyone, that they might meet us at the gate (you were never allowed to do this in Germany). This was before September 11th! My family was there, all four of them plus their current Au Pair. They were happy to see me and after getting my bags we left to drive to my home for the follwing 12 months!
Freitag, Februar 03, 2006
Kamera kaputt - buhhhhh
Mittwoch, Februar 01, 2006
My Blog Cloud
Make your own blog cloud!
- I am studying and hating it. So glad that half of it will be over tomorrow at noon!
- I found a place to live in Cologne. Two roommates, close to where I work, affordable and with a DSL Flatrate (which was the selling point ;-)
- My sisters are both in the middle of applying for jobs and stuff and I am so excited, that they seem to focus on their future now. They are both so smart and talented and nice, I am sure they will both find something they like.
- If you are interested in popular culture at all, I recommend you read Steven Johnsons book Everything Bad is Good for You - How popular culture is making us smarter. It so justifies blogging and computer games and TV!! He also has a very funny blog, I had to laugh so much when I read this.
- Cute Overload is another blog I found which has been distracting me very successfully from studying.
- Soon, I will own this little beauty, so I can take lots of picture while I am at the Berlin International Film Festival (I am so hoping to run into George or Brad and Angelina ;-)
Abonnieren Posts [Atom]