Donnerstag, September 22, 2005

 

I am sick of Joan burning!

How often can you watch Joan of Arc being burned? VERY OFTEN, I tell you. I have been watching no less that four films about the Maiden from Lorraine in the past days and I am really getting tired of this story. I mean, seriously, it is ALWAYS the same old story. My conclusion is, that Dreyers classical silent film "La passion de Jeanne d'Arc" from 1928 is by far the best. Followed by "Joan the Woman" from 1916. Ingrid Bergmanns performance is okay in the 1948 movie "Joan of Arc", but there is to much unnecessary moral and religion and talk of saints, to actually make the movie enjoyable. The absolutley WORST one, and it ranks pretty high up on my list of the worst movies I have ever seen, is "The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc" by Luc Besson with Milla Jovovich as Joan (interesting, I also hated "The fifth Element", maybe it is the actress...). Boy, that's one gruel and horrible film. Too much violence and Joan is characterized as a crazy lunatic (which she probably was, but still)! I still could not figure out entirely, what Dustin Hofman did in this film, but I will find out tomorrow.

Kommentare:
I am truly sorry but you will have to watch (at least) one more Jeanne d'Arc movie. It is not yet physically existent, but I`ve already got an idea of the title in my mind. Something like: "Jeanne: The Maid is on fire" (inspired by a song sung by someone who has definitely watched too many movies of that stupid creepy woman).
 
Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]





<< Startseite

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Abonnieren Posts [Atom]